https://youtu.be/Dl881AX12co Posting a review soon......
Since I was expecting to arrive late or almost midnight, I looked for a very affordable hostel that could provide a comfortable bed just for a night’s sleep. Through booking.com, I found Maru Hostel @ Hongdae. What I love most about this site (booking.com) is that aside from offering a lot of listings with very affordable prices, most of these does not require an upfront payment. This saves the hassle and inconvenience of asking for a refund, should in case you need to cancel due to travel itinerary changes.
Maru Hostel is located at 27, Dokmak-ro 7-gil, Mapo-gu 121-895 Seoul, South Korea. It is very easy to find, since it is just walking distance from Hapjeong Subway Station. It is also surrounded by restaurants, convenience stores, as well as bars and night clubs.
I booked a bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room. Each bed has its own curtains for privacy. The room is air conditioned with thick blankets provided on each bed. There are two shared bathrooms, as well as toilets. Toiletries are provided free, as well as personal lockers for your small personal belongings. Self-serve breakfast is also available for free, however for a specified time only (between 6am to 10am).
The staff spoke English very well, and they are very accommodating, especially they were the ones who reached out to me to ask what would be my expected time of arrival. In one of their email communications, they even provided photos with directions on how to easily find the place.
Here are few things to expect in this hostel:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Air-conditioned room
- Iron/Ironing facilities
- Shared bathroom
- Towels & Toiletries
Just don’t forget to bring your own socket adapter, since you might run out of one, especially if you arrive late at night.
If you want to save on food, a complete meal such as the one below are readily available at any “G25” convenience store. This convenience store is like the 7-11 that we have here. This Tuna-Mayonaise rice roll was very delicious. It only cost around 900 won. I made sure that I have one handy, inside my bag during the entire duration of my trip.
How to Find the Hostel?
- First, you may book through booking.com!
- From Incheon Internation Airport, taking the AREX (All-Stop-Train), GO DOWN AT “HONGIK UNIVERSITY STATION” and TRANSFER to a train that goes to “HAPJEONG STATION“.
- GO DOWN at “Hapjeong Station” and TAKE EXIT 5!
- After exiting from “EXIT 5“, you should see a bike store to your right. Take a right turn at the bike store.
- Go straight and then take a left at the building where you see a 7-11 at the first floor.
- Walk slowly. Look for a clothe shop on your left. This clothe shops is in front of the photo below. Don’t cross the street, and just go left at the clothe shop.
- And finally, Maru Hostel is inside this building and it is located at the 6th floor. So, take the elevator that’s just at the entrance!