Since I was expecting to arrive late or almost midnight, I looked for a very affordable hostel that could provide a comfortable bed just for a night’s sleep. Through booking.com, I found Maru Hostel @ Hongdae. What I love most about this site (booking.com) is that aside from offering a lot of listings with very affordable prices, most of these does not require an upfront payment. This saves the ...
Here’s an easy guide about Tourist Visa Application to Taipei, Taiwan, and before booking any Airfare, always check first how easy it is to enter your desired destination. At the time of my booking, I was haggling between going to Taipei or to South Korea. My main considerations were the ease of getting a Visa, as well as what the weather would be like at the time of my visit. Based on accuweather.com, South Korea’s average lowest temperature from March 26th to March 29th was at 1 degree Celsius. This prompted me to book a flight to Taipei instead; I didn’t want to bring any bulky winter jackets since I was planning to go on a backpacking and budget travel adventure.
Would You Believe an International Round-Trip Airfare for Only P1,097.00
Yes, this was a round-trip ticket; Cebu – Taiwan (Taoyuan International Airport) – Manila. I ran out of promo fare for “Taiwan to Cebu” route; too much time haggling between destinations! I learned about this promotion just when I went to bed, when suddenly I received a notification through their “AirAsia BIG” mobile app. I went to their website, through my laptop, and booked the flight on the spot, since it was selling like hotcakes. As far as I can remember, the name of the promo was “Final Call Sale” where the travel period is usually within 2 months from the date of purchase.
EASY Visa for Taiwan
Depending on your available travel documents, you may or may not be required to secure a Visa for Taiwan. They offer Visa-Free Entry to Taiwan through “ROC Travel Authorization Certificate” which is FREE and can be printed anywhere where a printer is available. The online application was effortless, and the approval was also quick.
The Online Application for R.O.C. (Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate is applicable to the following citizens:
- the Philippines
- Cambodia, and
To be eligible for this “Travel Certificate”, the following conditions must be met:
- The applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan. EXAMPLE: Your arrival date in Taiwan is, March 1, 2017. This means, your passport must be valid before September 1, 2017 (computation based on an MS Excel Algorithm).
- The applicant must possess an onward/return air or ferry ticket. — Each time you enter Taiwan, using this document, you are only allowed to stay for a maximum of 30 days following the day of arrival. This means, you must have either an airline ticket or a boat ticket that shows you will be leaving Taiwan either going back to your country, or going to another country (but not Taiwan)
- The applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan. — Here are some examples of Blue-collar work: manufacturing, sanitation, custodial work, oil field work, construction, mechanical maintenance, warehousing, and many other physical and manual work. Some companies, although you are working in an office environment, might classify you in your contract under a “blue-collar” category.
In addition to the above requirements, the applicant must possess at least one of the following documents issued by:
- New Zealand
- any of the Schengen countries
- the United Kingdom, or
- the United States: Valid resident or permanent resident card, Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa), Resident card OR a Visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan. — Ex: Your single-entry tourist visa for Japan expired last Feb 1, 2015. This means you can use this as a supporting document until Feb 1, 2025.
For more details about the application process and requirements, about “R.O.C. (Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate”, please visit:
Are you worried about not having enough travel documents for you to be granted a Travel Authorization Certificate? Don’t fret, but let’s keep our fingers crossed! “Filipinos may enter Taiwan visa-free starting June ”, from Tarra Quismundo, of ABS-CBN News.
No sweat Taiwan Immigration Pass Through, and Why visit Taiwan?
The people are Kind, Courteous, Honest, Friendly, Helpful, Very Polite, most of the attractions and tourist sites are FREE, and if not, it’s just for a very minimal FEE such as the Taipei Zoo, which is the biggest one in Asia and yet only charges NTD 60 for each adult ticket. And, best of all, their FOOD; it’s all over the place, and everything seemed to taste very good!! Per my online research during the preparation phase of my trip to Taiwan; they are like the food capital of Asia. And indeed, they seemed to be, since both tourists and locals flood the night markets every single evening in search for their tingling and howling taste buds.
Just like my trip to Singapore last year, passing through Taiwanese Immigration was no sweat! The officer only looked at my Travel Authorization; he didn’t even bother asking for my return ticket (which is one of the requirements for the said Entry Permit). This seemed have something to do with the way one dresses, being polite and courteous, and being confident and most importantly being honest.